Taking place as part of a programme of export webinars, join this session to find out about the Department for International Trade’s (DIT) Internationalisation Fund to support SMEs to break in to new markets.
The funding is available for SMEs in England with the following characteristics:
- A product or service suitable for international trade, or which could be developed for international trade and see international trade as a path for growth.
- £500k+ sales/turnover (desirable, but those with lower sales/turnover are eligible)
Facilitated by George Middleton, DIT’s Joanne Hunt will speak to Made in Britain members about:
- Who can receive funding
- What funding is available
- How SMEs can use the funding
- How to apply
Who is the session designed for?
- Made in Britain members currently exporting but wanting to break in to a new market (market can be defined as country, demographic or segment). It is not for companies that just want to sell more to the same market.
Date and time
11am on 21 September 2021. Click here to book now.
Online presentation followed by Q&A (watch, learn then interact)
- Opening words - John Pearce, CEO of Made in Britain
- Introductions, context and facilitation - George Middleton, principal consultant at MAP Ltd and advisor to Made in Britain
- DIT Internationalisation Fund - Joanne Hunt, Head of European Structural and Investment Funds Project Team at the Department for International Trade
- Q&A - up to 30 mins
- Closing words - John Pearce or George Middleton
George Middleton, principal consultant at MAP Ltd and advisor to Made in Britain
George has been supporting UK companies to develop business internationally for more than 10 years, with government and now as a consultant at MAP Ltd. George works with a growing, global network of Associates and Partners. He lived and worked overseas between 2011-18 but is now UK-based.
George and MAP’s specialisms include increasing UK manufacturers’ exports. MAP is contracted by Made in Britain to develop the organisation’s export and international trade offer to members and government relations.
Joanne Hunt, Head of European Structural and Investment Funds Project Team at the Department for International Trade
Head of Internationalisation Fund project team overseeing delivery of the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) supported £38m fund to SMEs looking to access new international markets. Jo has an extensive background in programme delivery and a variety of grant programmes for SMEs and ERDF. Prior to moving to DIT, Jo spent over 10 years working within the North West Regional Development Agency and Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government collaborating across Government Departments and working closely with Local Enterprise Partnerships to address local needs.