THE UK government’s minister responsible for UK exports to the world, Graham Stuart, will speak exclusively to Made in Britain member during a webinar at 11am on Thursday 4 February.
Please join us for this opportunity to hear directly from the minister. Click here to register for this free webinar.
The webinar takes place just weeks after the end of the UK-EU transition period and as we begin new trading relationships, with Europe and countries around the world.
Minister Stuart has agreed to speak to Made in Britain members on:
- how to plug in and make the best use of the Department for International Trade (DIT) network and resources
- the government’s ambition for UK exports
- updating on UK international trade agreements that are relevant to UK manufacturers
- connecting overseas buyers with UK products and services
Please let us know if there are any particular areas you would like Minister Stuart to cover. Also, if you have a question that you would like to submit in advance.
Minister Stuart sits within the Department for International Trade. The Minister for Exports’ responsibilities include:
- export policy and promotion, including the export strategy
- UK Export Finance (UKEF)
- UK Defence and Security Exports
- climate change and COP26
- GREAT campaign
- trade missions
- global events
- investment policy in the House of Commons
DIT's stated aim is to secure UK and global prosperity by promoting and financing international trade and investment, and championing free trade. It is an international economic department, responsible for:
- bringing together policy, promotion and financial expertise to break down barriers to trade and investment, and help businesses succeed
- delivering on a new trade policy framework for the UK following our departure from the EU
- promoting British trade and investment across the world
- building the global appetite for British goods and service.
Click here to register.