Privacy & GDPR
About Personal Data and Made in Britain
Made in Britain is a business to business membership organisation that unites, supports and promotes manufacturers in Britain by offering licenced access to a UKIPO registered collective mark. All the information and data we collect on our members’ businesses is with the sole purpose of tailoring our membership services to support them more effectively. We also manage data with our CRM partner business to create a high quality profile of the British manufacturing sector.
Protocols, Privacy and Policy - Our GDPR CHECKLIST
- We are Registered with the ICO, HM government body most concerned with data protection. Our registered number is ZA328426
- We are a fully transparent organisation with all our Limited by Guarantee Company data on public record at Companies House.
- We abide by all the applicable laws of England & Wales.
- We work under written agreements with competent Delivery Partners, all equally committed to GDPR compliance.
- We have not and will never knowingly process and/or control data about people that is not the minimum required for the successful delivery of our services.
- We are supporting HM government with information about successful manufacturing businesses and the people who work for them.
- We offer clear and frequent opportunities for subscribers to our communications to unsubscribe if they wish.
- We will offer people who are responsible for membership and our licence the opportunity to have their contact details removed from our systems.
- We will offer people who are responsible for membership and our licence a clear explanation in the event we are required by law to keep their record on our systems.
- Our Membership/Admin personnel, Delivery Partners and our CEO are committed to on-going training in the field of Data Protection, Privacy and Compliance and will review our procedures periodically.
- Our Board of Directors, CEO, Delivery Partners and our Members wholly agree with the spirit of the new GDPR environment and will work to incorporate respect for individuals privacy and security of what little personal data we hold on our members and others.
Amending or viewing your personal data
We will endeavour to ensure the information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct them promptly. If you have any questions/comments about the data we hold on you, or wish to see the data we hold on you, email the MiB web team
This confirms our commitment to GDPR compliance on personal and other data as an organisation policy. It also outlines our procedures for handling and moving data around the organisation when necessary. From time to time, we have to share, internally, the names and business e-mail addresses of our members. If our members register to attend an event that we have organised, we may ask our members to provide information such as dietary preference and a additional contact names within the membership business.
As a not-for-profit organization, we have no shareholders. Our organisation is governed by a Board of Directors who are volunteers from our membership and elsewhere. We have no interest or need to manage detailed personal data and individuals cannot join Made in Britain.
COMPLIANCE, COMPLAINTS & WHISTLE-BLOWING
Made in Britain have registered our collective mark and go to great lengths to make sure our members use it correctly in accordance with our Terms. We also expect our members to inform us if they come across possible mis-use of the MiB marque or where they see it being used by a non-manufacturing business. Under these circumstances, we hold a record on our CRM system of some or all of the interactions with the individual, to help us with our investigations into what has happened and what action we might have to take in due course. This record is held whilst the investigation remains open. We may at times have to keep a record of these interactions, beyond the point that a member may have left the organisation. This is with the sole purpose of maintaining compliance with MiB Terms and to maintain the reputation of our organisation and our marque being only for British manufacturers and applied to products that are made in Britain.
Made in Britain is registered with ICO Data Protection Agency.
Our registered number is ZA328426
You can read our Registration Page here: https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/ZA328426
This describes clearly why Made in Britain hold certain data about individuals and confirms our commitment to open with our members about how they can request to see what data we hold about them in their professional capacity.
Who is responsible for data?
The Chief Executive of Made in Britain is the responsible for Data Protection within our organisation.
The day-to-day running of MiB is carried out by commercial organisations under commercial agreements and contracts. All the Delivery Partners have been asked to confirm their commitment to GDPR regulations from 24th May 2018.
The Delivery Partner most concerned with the management of data we process and control about our membership businesses is CRM Insights.
Access to the data we hold on our members
If any individual or any organisation wants to request access to the information we hold, because they are an employee of one of our membership businesses, please write to us at email@example.com
Requests for Information may take some time to process and for us to reply. We may request evidence that you work for one of the businesses that is a member of Made in Britain. We hold only very limited personal information (e-mail address, phone number, employer) about the people that work for members. If a business decides for whatever reason to cease their membership of MiB, the secondary contact details of the employees will be deleted.
How do we use the information we collect about people who work for our members?
- • used fairly and lawfully
- • used for limited, specifically stated purposes
- • used in a way that is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- • accurate
- • kept for no longer than is absolutely necessary
- • handled according to people’s data protection rights
- • kept safe and secure
- • not transferred outside the UK
We have reliable and proven measures in place to protect your data.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- If you are a new subscriber, we will only contact you when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
- If you do not want us to use your data you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
- Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
Storing Your Personal Data
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosing Your Information
We will not disclose your information to any third parties unless we are legally required to do so.
Made in Britain (MiB) does not seek to hold and manage data about individuals in anything other than their professional capacity whilst employed by one of our members or employed by one of our Partner businesses or organizations.
What information do we collect?
- • questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact madeingb.org
- • your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts, and how you use our emails - for example whether you open them and which links you have clicked on
- • your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- • information on how you use our site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
This data may be viewed by authorised people and in some cases, our Delivery Partners, to:
- • improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- • gather feedback to improve our services, for example our e-mail alerts
- • respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- • send e-mail replies to individuals who request them
- • allow you to view the Made in Britain Directory
- • provide you with information about MiB, our activities, policies and governance.
We collect information about your business or the business you work for when you apply to join our organization. We also collect the name of a person who will subscribe to our monthly membership newsletter, respond to a survey or register to attend one of our events. As an individual, if the company you work for is a Made in Britain member, you may register to join one of our events and we will require you to share contact details and dietary requirements.
When ordering or registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number, as appropriate. We may also ask you to provide optional information such as company annual revenues, number of employees or SIC code of your business. We ask this information to help build a high quality profile of British manufacturing sectors.
You may also visit our website www.madeingb.org anonymously.
What are cookies?
Cookies are regulated by the ICO under the EU Cookie Directive. for more information visit the information commissioners office:- www.ico.gov.uk
There are three main types of cookie :-
- • Session Cookie – These are cookies that only last for the duration that your browser window is open. They will expire as soon as you exit your browser.
- • Persistent Cookie – These last indefinitely and will only be removed from the users computer when either they are deleted by the user or when they expire as set by the website. This allows a website to detect return visits.
- • Third Party Cookies – first party cookies are cookies that are created on the same domain as the one you are visiting. Third party cookies, are the other hand, are set by a different website (such as an embedded advertisement). Most web browsers allow you to block these types of cookie.
How do you control cookies?
In most cases browsers will offer a “do not track” option. By going to your browser settings you should also be able to delete cookies or refuse them altogether.
Strictly Necessary Cookies | The MiB website wont be able function without these and so they are therefore required for the website to work at all. These types of cookie do not require consent and you should avoid disabling these types of cookie.
Functionality/Performance Cookies | Functionality cookies are used to save a user’s preference. This allows the website to be customised to the user’s choice.
Performance cookies are those that enhance your user experience. Benchmarking data provided by these types of cookies allow website operators to identify needs of improvement.
What cookies do we use? | We use the following cookies on the site:
STRICTLY NECESSARY PHPSESSID Used as an identifier for user current session
PERFORMANCE Google Analytics Used to benchmark traffic on our site.
What do we use data information for?
- • To personalise your experience
- • To improve our website
- • To improve our membership service
- • For event registration processing
- • For membership renewal and application processing
For more information on Cookies and for details of how to control or delete cookies, please visit: www.aboutcookies.org
Please note that if you disable your web browser’s ability to accept cookies, certain parts of our website will not work.
Your Data, SAGEpay and Payment Information
The email address you provide for payment processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your membership, in addition to receiving news, updates and service information. If you provide credit card information, MiB uses this solely to check the financial qualifications and our payment system.
SAGEpay collect payment. MiB do not store information on payment past the point it is used. If you want to read more about SAGEpay privacy and GDPR compliance, you can do so HERE
We do not sell any personally identifiable information to third parties. We do not disclose your personal data to third parties except to the extent reasonably necessary to achieve the purposes described above e.g. to our authorised partners.
In addition, we may disclose personal information where we reasonably believe it is required and expressly permitted under any applicable law, to enforce our site policies, or to protect our or others' rights, property or safety.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include clear unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
When you visit the www.madeingb.org website, the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer is registered. The IP address is the numerical address of a computer used when visiting a website.
Links from our website
We provide the capacity for our members to post marketing information on their own page for sharing information in a public space alongside other British manufacturers. This information is publicly available to all users of our website to see. Made in Britain is not responsible for personal information our members elect to disclose about their manufacturing business. You can read our full Terms & Conditions of membership here.
Made in Britain and our Delivery Partners use third party e-mail software to maintain contact with our members and receive updates from our partnership organisations.
Made in Britain uses reputable third parties to deliver the e-mails members receive if they have subscribed to e-mail newsletters, or have chosen to receive information about MiB members. Some of these third parties may use unique identifiers and invisible images (often called "pixel tags" or "clear GIFs") to perform message open sensing, message format sensing, and click-through sensing in order to bring you more relevant information.
Your e-mail address will not be shared with any third party other than an agent who has agreed to send e-mails on our behalf.
Made in Britain use an automated SMTP e-mail system to remind our members when it is time to renew their membership. This e-mail is sent to one person at each membership address.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are aged 13 years and over.
Telephone Recording Policy
Made in Britain does not record telephone conversations.
Supply Chain/Delivery Partners
MiB supply chain is made up of delivery partners, who provide a service regarding management of our systems and our membership service.
Those partners are listed here:
Accounting Service | Pearson Buschholz
Bookkeeping Service | Blueberry Consulting
Database Consultation | CRM Insights
Membership Admin | Delegant
Communications | Crocstar & Northlight Media
Legal | Field Fisher
Insurance | Hiscox
Our relationship with our Delivery Partners is structured to maintain a contractual agreement, year on year, about what service they provide and at what cost to MiB.
CRM Insights are the delivery partner (supplier) to MiB that process and control data about our member businesses. They also handle information about manufacturers in Britain that are not part of our organisation. We occasionally invite those businesses to join as members, writing to the business using their e-mail address, posting an invite via conventional mail service or phoning their business on a land line phone number or mobile phone number.
Supplier on-boarding | All our suppliers are asked if they are GDPR compliant and must provide confirmation of their compliance which we will record on our central CRM database from 24th May 2018.
MiB process data about our member businesses in order to promote the fact that they are highly accredited, quality businesses. To quantify this, we record details such as ISO accreditations, awards, gross turnover, number of employees, and trade body accreditations. We review and manage all this data to organise and communicate positive media and PR messages about British manufacturing by our members.
Together with our service providers and delivery partners, we have procedures in place to cope with any breach of our systems.
LINKS TO OUR SITE
We welcome and encourage our members to link their websites and social media platforms to link to madeingb.org
You must contact us for permission if you want to either:
- • say your website is associated with or endorsed by madeingb.org or one of our government department partners or partnership organisations.
madeingb.org links to websites that are managed by our members, other trade bodies, government departments, commercial partners and service providers or other organisations. We don’t have any control over the content on these websites.
We’re not responsible for:
- • the protection of any information you give to these websites
- • any loss or damage that may come from your use of these websites, or any other websites they link to
You agree to release us from any claims or disputes that may come from using these websites.
You should read all terms and conditions, privacy policies and end user licences that relate to these websites before you use them.
Using madeingb.org content
Most content on madeingb.org is subject to copyright protection.
The Made in Britain suite of logos is a registered collective mark. You can read more about our mark suite and the registrations here
We don’t give any guarantees, conditions or warranties about the accuracy or completeness of any content published by our members. We’re not liable for any loss or damage that may come from your activity with these companies or the use of their products.
We make every effort to keep madeingb.org up to date, but we cannot provide any guarantees, conditions or warranties that the information will be:
- • current
- • accurate
- • complete
- • free from bugs or viruses
We’re not liable for any loss or damage that may come from using madeingb.org This includes:
- • any direct, indirect or consequential losses
- • any loss or damage caused by civil wrongs (‘tort’, including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise
- • the use of madeingb.org and any websites that are linked to or from it
- • the inability to use madeingb.org and any websites that are linked to or from it
This applies if the loss or damage was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you advised us that it might happen.
This includes (but isn’t limited to) the loss of your:
- • income or revenue
- • salary, benefits or other payments
- • business
- • profits or contracts
- • opportunity
- • anticipated savings
- • data
- • goodwill or reputation
- • tangible property
- • intangible property, including loss, corruption or damage to data or any computer system
- • wasted management or office time
We may still be liable for:
- • death or personal injury arising from our negligence
- • fraudulent misrepresentation
- • any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law
Requests to remove content
You can ask for content to be removed from madeingb.org. We’ll only do this in certain cases, eg if it breaches copyright laws, contains sensitive personal data or material that may be considered obscene or defamatory.
Contact us here for content to be removed. firstname.lastname@example.org
You’ll need to send us the web address (URL) of the content and explain why you think it should be removed. We’ll reply to let you know whether we’ll remove it. We remove content at our discretion, or where relevant, in discussion with the member of Made in Britain that is responsible for it. You can still request information under the Freedom of Information Act and the Data Protection Act.
We make every effort to check and test madeingb.org for viruses at every stage of production. You must make sure that the way you use madeingb.org doesn’t expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which can damage your computer system.
We’re not responsible for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that might happen when you use madeingb.org
Viruses, hacking and other offences
When using madeingb.org, you must not introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or any other material that’s malicious or technologically harmful. You must not try to gain unauthorised access to madeingb.org, the server on which it’s stored or any server, computer or database connected to it. You must not attack madeingb.org in any way. This includes denial-of-service attacks. We’ll report any attacks or attempts to gain unauthorised access to madeingb.org to the relevant law enforcement authorities and share information about you with them.
Our terms and conditions, and our Privacy and Data protocols are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute you have which relates to these terms and conditions, or your use of madeingb.org (whether it be contractual or non-contractual), will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
We’re not liable if we fail to comply with these terms and conditions because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control. We might decide not to exercise or enforce any right available to us under these terms and conditions. We can always decide to exercise or enforce that right at a later date. Doing this once won’t mean we automatically waive the right on any other occasion.If any of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions will still apply.
Changes to these terms and conditions
Please check our terms and conditions regularly. We can update them at any time without notice. You’ll agree to any changes if you continue to use madeingb.org after the terms and conditions have been updated. We collect certain information or data about you when you use www.madeingb.org
Where your data is stored
We store your data on secure servers in the United Kingdom. We use a service provided under contract with Rackspace UK
Keeping your data secure
Sending information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data while it’s in transit. We have procedures and security features in place to keep your data secure once we receive it.
Disclosing your information
We won’t share any personal information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites. We do share summary information about our membership businesses, who are all manufacturing businesses. We will sometimes have to share contact details of the people who work for and with those businesses.
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect. You can e-mail us at email@example.com to request this.
If, as a member of Made in Britain, you’ve signed up to receive our Newsletters, #1000makers, you can unsubscribe or change your settings at any time by selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ link that appears in every e-mail.
Links to other websites
madeingb.org contains links to other websites.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to madeingb.org from another website
Our website is the property of Made in Great Britain Campaign Ltd, a not-for-profit organisation, registered in England & Wales No at Companies House as a company limited by guarantee. The trading name we use is Made in Britain, abbreviated MiB.
Amending or viewing your data
MiB will endeavour to ensure the information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct them promptly. If you have any questions/comments about the data we hold on you, or wish to see the data we hold on you, e-mail the MiB web team