In response to the COVD-19 crisis and the growing concerns regarding the plastic waste created by disposable PPE, FAC Technology and Wycombe Engineering are delighted to announce the launch of the new UK-made, eco-friendly FaceShield Pro.
First used at the London Nightingale and now in use at numerous NHS hospitals, the new FaceShield Pro is now available for all sectors of the economy, and offers significant advantages vs other PPE:
1. Effectiveness. Developed with feedback from medical professionals at Imperial College NHS Trust. Optimised for both comfort and effectiveness as a barrier for COVID-19. The FaceShield Pro is Category II PPE, independently certified by BSI and given CE marking approval. Research published by the Lancet and others has shown the substantial reduction in infection and transmission rates, as a result of wearing a face shield.
2. Eco-friendly. The product is reusable and made of eco-friendly materials including a compostable cellulose screen and a headband made of recycled PP, helping to reduce the plastic waste caused with much, disposable PPE. High quality UK manufacturing also helps minimise the carbon footprint, as well as shortening lead-time and providing local, responsive customer service.
3. Reusable. The headband and strap can be sanitised and then reused together with a new replaceable screen. Following latest guidance from the WHO and UK Government, the headband and strap can be sanitised by hot water combined with laundry detergent wash.
4. Comfortable. Made of lightweight material, adjustable different head sizes and excellent air flow – the product delivers optimal comfort and a positive experience for users.
5. Transparent. The clear visor enables effective interpersonal communication, helped also by its ventilated design that naturally minimises fogging.
The product was designed in the UK by FAC Technology and is made in the UK by leading precision-engineering company, Wycombe Engineering. The products can also be adapted to include the branding of larger customers.
Dr. Alexander Fergusson, Director of FAC Technology says “In response to the COVID-19 crisis over the past few months, we have worked hard on the development of an effective and sustainable face shield: the FaceShield Pro. We have already supplied thousands of items to NHS Trusts, GP Surgeries, care homes, and other medical professionals across the UK. We’re delighted now to be able to offer this to other customers and channels.”
Jim Wetherell, Managing Director of Wycombe Engineering says: “High quality PPE is vital in order to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, it’s rapidly creating a new and ever-growing mountain of disposable plastic. Working together with FAC Technology, we’re delighted to now offer an alternative approach. The FaceShield Pro offers outstanding, BSI certified effectiveness whilst also offering a reusable solution, using more sustainable materials.”
The development of the FaceShield Pro has been made possible by support from Innovate UK, the UK’s innovation agency.
About Wycombe Engineering
Made in Britain member, Wycombe Engineering is a team of leading design engineers based in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. The team are experts in creating value and solutions across multiple sectors and applications.
The team’s knowledge and experience across multiple technologies allows them to design and develop the optimal and bespoke solutions. They develop a deep understanding and partnership with clients. Each partnership is unique and often leads to innovative approaches to IP and capital cost.
About FAC Technology
A leading edge R&D firm focused on the design, testing and manufacturing of composite structures, FAC Technology was founded with a single purpose: develop innovative and cost effective solutions for the design, manufacture, and testing of composite structures.
Since its inception in April 2011, FAC Technology has built up a highly skilled team of scientists and engineers, developed state of the art research and development capabilities, and fostered collaborative relationships with two of the top three universities in the UK.
Today, the company is developing a portfolio of IP related to advanced composites that has applications in industries including: aerospace, automotive, renewable energy, and oil & gas.
For press/PR, please contact Brian Walmsley on 07899 781779 or email@example.com . For information related to orders contact Jim Wetherell 07860 765759 or 01494 473519
Find out more about Wycombe Engineering Solutions Ltd on their member profile page here