Award-winning British manufacturer, Plumis, has devised Automist Smartscan, a revolutionary high-tech fire safety device that is leading the way in how fires in the home can be addressed more effectively, more efficiently and leaving less damage than was possible before.
“Plumis was formed off the back of talking to fire fighters in London in 2008," comments Yusuf Muhammad, co-inventor of Automist. "They highlighted the need for more ways to protect vulnerable people in their homes. We design and manufacture our product in the UK and are proud to be members of Made in Britain and contribute to the UK's long history in manufacturing.”
Fire represents a deadly - and costly - menace to homes and businesses everywhere. Mandatory legalisation has improved fire sprinkler adoption but commercial properties have always been ahead in the fire suppression game. Plumis considered how the same level of safety and insurance could be enjoyed in every home setting.
How does the Automist Smartscan work?
Activated in response to the onset of a growing blaze, Automist Smartscan technology seeks out the fire with Automist’s unique pivoting sensor and water-misting nozzle arrangement. Once the source of the fire is established, a powerful and targeted spray of water mist is directed, suppressing it rapidly.
A revolutionary concept in comparison to old-fashioned sprinkler systems that simply 'dump' water sprays into the entire room – sometimes causing more damage than the original fire itself.
Key features of the Automist Smartscan
• Installed into any setting with ease: Automist Smartscan can easily be retrofitted into the home with minimal disruption.
• Intelligently deployed watermist: Automist Smartscan can be easily housed on most internal walls enabling its water mist jets to be directed straight on to the source of the fire, rather than flowing down indiscriminately from the ceiling.
• Unobtrusive: the technology may be smart but the design is just as clever! The fire sensing nozzle head tucks away discreetly into its wall-based housing, and the aesthetic is clean, slick and decidedly contemporary.
• Tested to the highest standards: the Automist Smartscan is tested to some of the highest international domestic standards, so you can be sure you are trusting your home to a reliable, quality product.
• Digital integration: the device is future-proofed to be linked up to domestic smart home devices such as the Nest thermostat. It can even send alerts to the homeowner's smartphone. A product like this can prove invaluable in any insurance claim.
In 2016, global technology research and advisory company Technavio identified water mist and smart systems in the residential setting as emerging trends that had the potential to significantly impact the fire suppression market. It singled out Automist Smartscan as being at the vanguard of that wave.
For further information please contact Yusuf Muhammad at Plumis Inc on +44 (0)20 7871 3899 or +44 (0)7890 806213 or email email@example.com