EUROPE’S leading shower designer and manufacturer, Roman, has revealed strict measures to protect its workforce, customers and business partners during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak.
In light of the mounting severity and uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, it is Roman’s number one priority to keep employees and business partners healthy and safe, as well as managing resources to ensure continuity in the product supply and provision of services.
Given the unpredictable situation Roman is facing globally, the evolution of the coronavirus crisis is being closely monitored and reviewed on a daily basis, to ensure continuity of supply and of course safety for all.
Roman has introduced a number of measures across the business to minimise any risk to employees, customers and business partners. Roman’s measures include, but are not limited to:
- All company travel prohibited, all company events cancelled, and all face-to-face meetings postponed until further notice.
- Business development and all communication is all being transacted through phone calls and online forms of communication e.g. email, Skype etc.
- All employees who fall in the 'high risk' category are working from home.
- Boosted hygiene measures at all our locations, including the disinfection of most transited and high-touch areas.
- Implemented a ‘no shaking hands’ policy where all employees have been instructed not to physically contact with colleagues and business partners.
- Employees are being encouraged to take routine precautions as recommended by health authorities.
- All Roman locations are being closely monitored so all required actions can be taken to protect the community.
- All government guidelines are being followed and adhered to regarding a self-isolation policy for any employee that has been in contact or is showing symptoms of COVID-19.
David Osborne, managing director at Roman, said, “We are just continuing to trade as normally as possible in a strange and unprecedented environment. Sales development and communication is now just phones and email; deliveries are pretty much normal; we have lots of precautions and adjustments around the factory and offices; a few people working from home where they can. The whole country just needs to try and take a longer-term view and not panic.”
Find out more about Roman Ltd on their member profile page here