IF you make products that need to be transported and kept cool, you could be spending thousands of pounds every year on third-party cool couriers.
Award-winning Made in Britain member CoolKit believes you can save money by running your own refrigerated fleet and the company would like to make that happen for you.
After years of paying several thousand pounds a month on distribution through a third-party, Rink Bakery, which specialises in bread products for wholesale distribution such as black brioche buns, burger buns, and frozen pizza dough, has invested in its own vehicle.
The Mercedes Sprinter Euro 6 Chassis Cab with bespoke freezer box body, created by CoolKit, caters for four pallets at a time – which holds approximately 8,400 buns.
Justin Hardman, bakery manager at Rink Bakery, said, “Our freezer van from CoolKit is paying for itself – and more.
“We used to spend thousands of pounds a month on third-party couriers. Now we spend less than a quarter of what we use to on some of the longer distance trips. It’s paying for itself. We should have bought one years ago.”
The order was placed at the end of the December and the bespoke van was ready by the end of February. In addition to offering more flexibility, the new van is also saving the bakery substantial amounts of money. It will help them to increase the number of deliveries they can make and help grow the business.
Check out the Rink Bakery van’s cool tech spec:
- Mercedes Sprinter Euro 6 Chassis Cab L1 H1
- Hubbard Zero Road and Single Phase Standby Refrigeration Unit
- Double rear doors
- A fold down rear step
- Pallet protection pack – 3 x aluminium double bump floor strips
- LED side and rear marker lights for the insulated body to meet current legislations
- High-intensity LED interior lighting
- Rear parking sensors
- GRP grey textured anti-slip floor
- Insulated body mounted to the vehicle chassis with aluminium subframe
- 2 x shoring poles to use as a load restrain method within the box body
For more information about CoolKit, visit: https://www.madeingb.org/members/coolkit