Members since 2014, Van Guard are celebrating a strong year for growth with their first ever appearance at the Commercial Vehicle Show, NEC Birmingham. Devon based Van Guard manufacture a range of commercial vehicle accessories at their factory in Exeter.
“At this event, we’re investing more than ever in marketing, PR, product development, quality control and training, to make a very clear and positive statement about our 40-year legacy and our future.” declared Andy Woodward, Sales & Marketing Director.
Van Guard are also investing strategically in highlighting and promoting both regional and national provenance to their advantage.
John Land, Marketing Support for 'Team VG' explains why provenance is central to their messaging; “We find new ways to use the Made in Britain marque every week. We join #madeinbritainhour every Thursday at 13:00 to see what the broader Made in Britain network are sharing and talking about. We make sure all our products carry the marque prominently and we’re working with Made in Britain to host a marketing Workshop at our factory in Exeter later this year. Devon is fast becoming a manufacturing cluster and we’re doing all we can to unite the rich diversity of manufacturing businesses around us. At the CV Show, we’re even serving Devon scones and rich Devon fudge to give our customers a real flavour of Made in Devon too.”
Made in Britain Chief Executive John Pearce met up with the Van Guard team at the CV show and was given a guided tour of their purpose-build stand, which includes the new Vauxhall Vivaro ECOflex with Made in Britain marque proudly displayed alongside the engine badge. All 70K Vivaros produced at Vauxhall’s Luton plant carry the Made in Britain badge, making it the natural choice for Van Guard.
This year, Van Guard have also been supporting their local manufacturing community, launching the Excellence in Manufacturing Award, part of the Express and Echo Business Awards, Exeter. Winners of the prestigious Business of the Year in 2016, Van Guard were really proud to be recognised for their achievements and wanted to highlight other regional manufacturers’ contribution to the local economy and commitment to British manufacturing.
Van Guard Key Facts
- Leading UK manufacturer of commercial vehicle accessories.
- 40 years of experience in engineering which started in the aerospace industry.
- Externally accredited: ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Integrated design and manufacturing reacting quickly to market changes and future proofing products.
- A dedicated team of designers, engineers and customer service staff.
- A loyal and professional workforce who are culturally committed to innovation.
- Fully equipped 35,500 sq ft factory and offices.
- Regular training for all employees to consistently improve their skills.
- Renowned for excellent and personable customer service, both technical and sales.