We're looking to appoint a Marketing Communications Manager to help our members sell more of what they make. This will further enhance MiB’s reputation by expanding the reach of membership news, and building audience engagement in the UK and around the world.
This is a one-year contract starting in Sept 2018 - the closing date for entries is Friday, 31st of August 2018. There is a three-month probation period.
What is this role all about?
Made in Britain promotes manufacturing businesses, with news, features and showcase content in print, on-line and in video. We are looking for an experienced Content Marketing professional to take responsibility for our B2B marketing website, www.madeingb.org supporting the MiB Directory and all our social media. You’ll be encouraging members to trade with each other and helping Made in Britain to grow our audiences, our website traffic and encourage new member registrations. Working closely with our Chief Executive, Membership Manager and other strategic partners as well as PR Agencies, you’ll be helping Britain’s manufacturers sell more with one marque.
A Personal Portrait
- A graduate who has made the decision to develop a career in Marketing Communications.
- Experience in Journalism.
- A passion for marketing, sales, PR and social media.
- A fascination for how products are made.
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Great creative writing skills and a confident friendly telephone manner.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, willing to take ownership of projects.
- Excellent project management skills – keen collaborator.
- Proven time management skills, ability to self-motivate, work independently and with initiative. You should be able to listen to a brief and implement what is necessary whilst enhancing with your own ideas.
- Ability to engage with professionals around Britain who are tasked with marketing anything you can imagine...
...from Wind-turbines to uPVC windows – a luxury coffee machine to a sustainable Coffee Log.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating compelling marketing content about our organisation and our members. This will involve working with the CEO, Membership Manager and Members to acquire detailed knowledge of our organisation and member businesses, turning it into captivating marketing material.
- Managing production, storage and distribution of MiB content in print, on-line and in video.
- Developing our content and distribution strategy.
- Writing content for direct marketing items such as newsletters, emails, printed material.
- Managing an editorial calendar for the #1000makers monthly Newsletter.
- Identifying and tracking MiB’s B2B target audiences.
- Creating Showcase content with our members to promote their products and businesses.
- Analysing and reporting on content performance.
- Contributing to MiB News, Feature, Export and Showcase platform on our website.
- Recording data on all News, PR and Features about our members on our CRM system.
- Managing the archive of Made in Britain images, text and video.
This is an exciting role with a new, expanding organisation at a crucial time for Britain’s manufacturing sector. Candidates will need to demonstrate a degree of competence in key areas of Marketing Communications.
Creative writing | compelling stories, contagious and able to inspire calls to action
Editorial | Great copy writing and proof reading skills
Measuring Progress | Agreeing new KPIs, monitoring progress against targets, applying evidence to improve performance of communications
Building relationships | Demonstrating tact and negotiating sensitively, building networks of content providers across membership and with their PR/Comms agencies
Writing effectively for digital communications: emails, blogs, social media
Broad understanding of digital content delivery: principles of information architecture, user experience and search engine optimization
Working with Made in Britain
We are a refreshingly new style of trade organisation, aiming to grow its membership to every manufacturing business in Britain. Our Board of non-exec Directors are drawn from membership, volunteering their time to help MiB serve our members. We achieve our progress without needing to work in the same office space. The successful candidate will be required to work from home and occasionally travel to factory locations around Britain and office locations in London and elsewhere.
To Degree level, ideally in marketing, business or journalism. We’d be interested to hear about any additional qualifications you have related to any manufacturing sector.
Initially a contract for 12 months : £24,000 per year, negotiable depending on the candidate's skills and experience. We offer this position on a 3-month trial basis.
Please send us your Resume with a covering letter, explaining how you think you can help #1000makers sell more with one marque. We'd also like to see examples of your published written work on line. Write to email@example.com before the closing date - 31st August 2018.
More About Made in Britain
We are the not-for-profit organisation that tells the amazing story of more than 1000 manufacturers, all using our award winning, collective mark. We unite, support and promote our members to help them sell more of what they make in Britain. They're all manufacturers marketing a myriad of products - from wind turbines, picnic rugs and vans to coffee machines, showers and paving stones - 100s of products all made in Britain by our members. We think this must be one of the most exciting and challenging marketing roles in Britain.
We know that manufacturers are some of the highest quality businesses in the country and we take a supportive, collaborative and enthusiastic approach to serving them all. We’re multi-skilled, just like our members and we take a huge pride in their continued success when they apply the collective Made in Britain marque. We support members to make informed decisions, develop their skills, connect with peers and open new business opportunities with other manufacturers.