THIS time last year, the Green Growth Programme soft-launched in earnest, with a handful of Made in Britain members who were committed to doing business sustainably.
Fast forward 12 months and the Green Growth Programme has transformed into one of Made in Britain’s most essential member benefits. We’re pursuing a vision for every UK manufacturer to advance their progress on sustainability, by enabling manufacturers to measure their progress on sustainability and take action to improve, through the Green Growth Programme.
Here’s a swift recap of our top 2021 highlights:
• Welcomed Green Growth Programme manager, Victoria Page to shape and deliver the programme.
• Calibrated the Green Growth Assessment, to make sure it’s accessible and relevant for every single Made in Britain member.
• Hosted seven webinars with experts and Made in Britain members around a range of topics including green governance, inclusive leadership and how to embed sustainable decision-making. Members who are logged in to the website can access all Made in Britain webinars here. Non-members can watch the first three green Growth webinars here.
• Welcomed many members, who completed the assessment and have started their Green Growth journey.
• Launched a series of member stories, to hear from the experiences of those who have completed the assessment and the positive impact it has had on their businesses. You can read about Pallite, Carradice, Crest Pumps, Ammique and Ideal Manufacturing’s stories.
• Formed a Green Growth Working Group, which includes members from Ammique, Carradice, Dewhurst, Cabinlocator and Crest Pumps.
After a year where climate change has been one of the most talked-about news stories, the Green Growth Programme is well-positioned to help every member understand their role in becoming a more sustainable business.
With events like COP26, the global climate change summit hosted in the UK this year, Green Growth has never been more important to the economies and societies where we operate. We’re excited to continue developing the Green Growth Programme into 2022 and beyond, providing every member with the tools and resources they need to make their businesses more sustainable and fit for the future.
To find out more and begin your Green Growth journey, click here.